Thursday, December 29, 2011

Oatmeal

I. Love. Oats.  Due to our committed relationship, I incorporate them into most grain recipes.  There is just something about oats that proclaims a meal "healthy" when they are included.

The title of this blog suggests that I enjoy eating pancakes, which I do.  Even though I include oats in every batch of them, there are also mornings when a hearty bowl of the good stuff is exactly what I need to start my day.  My favorite way of preparing oatmeal is not only initially satisfying, but also satiates me until lunchtime.  I simply fire up the electric water kettle, gather the ingredients listed below, add some heated water, and stir until the oatmeal is a desired consistency.  This is a healthy, nutritious, and tasty "fast" food that can be prepared at home, or even while traveling.  Just fill up the hotel room coffee maker with water to heat, and you are good to go.

1/3 cup quick oats
dash salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 small apple, chopped
2 TBSP raisins
1 TBSP sunflower butter

No comments:

Post a Comment