Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Unclaimed Property



I just HAVE to share this with you!!!

This morning, as my oatmeal apple pancakes were cooking on the griddle, I perused some of my favorite frugal blogs.  One of them shared a link to another gal's blog with a refried beans recipe that I thought looked interesting.  Something else on her blog caught my eye:  Frugality Tip #9: Check for Unclaimed Money Owed You.  I clicked on it, read the information about how unclaimed property exists in all 50 of the United States, then clicked on the safe and legit NAUPA link.  At first, I entered my husband's name for our current state.  Then it occurred to me to enter his name in the LAST state we lived in.  Eureka!  There is $130 in unclaimed cash, due to an overpayment on the truck we purchased waaaaaaaaay back in 1999.  I clicked on the claim number, entered the required information, and printed the claim form.  All I have to do now is make a photo copy of my husband's driver's license, and a document that shows proof he lived at the address appearing in the claim.  Once I get all of that into an envelope, I will mail it off, and wait to receive our $130. 

You never know, you too might have some unclaimed property!  It only takes a few moments of your time to search, and you probably won't have any trouble thinking of ways to spend or save your "found" money.  I'm thinking "DATE NIGHT(S)!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment